7 Low-Carb Meals in Under 10 Minutes
A low-carb diet can offer many health benefits, but you may struggle to come up with meal ideas that fit your busy schedule.
Even if you’re not the most creative person in the kitchen and only have a few ingredients at hand, it’s easy to make tasty, low-carb meals that require fewer than 10 minutes of prep time.
All the meals are low-carb and weight-loss-friendly.
1. Eggs and Vegetables Fried in Coconut Oil
This dish makes for a great breakfast that you can enjoy every day. It’s rich in protein and healthy vegetables, keeping you full for a long time.
Ingredients: Coconut oil, fresh vegetables or frozen vegetable mix (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans), eggs, spices, spinach (optional).
- Add coconut oil to your frying pan and turn up the heat.
- Add vegetables. If you use a frozen mix, let the vegetables thaw in the heat for a few minutes.
- Add 3–4 eggs.
- Add spices — either a blend or simply salt and pepper.
- Add spinach (optional).
- Stir-fry until ready.
2. Grilled Chicken Wings With Greens and Salsa
This one may just become one of your favorites. It takes little prep, and most people love to eat meat straight off the bone — you may even find it meets your kid’s approval.
Ingredients: Chicken wings, spices, greens, salsa.
- Rub the chicken wings in a spice blend of your choice.
- Place them in the oven and heat at 360–395°F (180–200°C) for about 40 minutes.
- Grill until the wings are brown and crunchy.
- Serve with some greens and salsa.
3. Bacon and Eggs
You can eat it on a low-carb diet and still lose weight.
If you keep your bacon intake in moderation and don’t eat it more than once or twice per week, there’s nothing wrong with adding it to your diet.
Ingredients: Bacon, eggs, spices (optional).
- Add bacon to a pan and fry until ready.
- Put the bacon on a plate and fry 3–4 eggs in the bacon fat.
- If you want to add some flavor to your eggs, put a bit of sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder on them while frying.
4. Ground Beef With Sliced Bell Peppers
This low-carb meal is perfect if you have some spare ground beef laying around.
Ingredients: Onion, coconut oil, ground beef, spices, spinach, and one bell pepper.
- Finely chop an onion.
- Add coconut oil to a pan and turn up the heat.
- Add the onion and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the ground beef.
- Add some spices — either a blend or simply salt and pepper.
- Add spinach.
- If you want to spice things up a bit, optionally add some black pepper and chili powder.
- Stir-fry until ready and serve with a sliced bell pepper.
5. Bunless Cheeseburgers
It doesn’t get much easier than this: a bunless burger with two different kinds of cheese and a side of raw spinach.
Ingredients: Butter, hamburger patties, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, salsa, spices, spinach.
- Add butter to a pan and turn up the heat.
- Add the hamburger patties and spices.
- Flip the patties until close to being ready.
- Add a few slices of cheddar and some cream cheese on top.
- Reduce the heat and put a lid on the pan until the cheese melts.
- Serve with raw spinach. You can drizzle some of the fat from the pan over your greens, if you like.
- To make the burgers even juicier, add some salsa.
6. Fried Pieces of Chicken Breast
If you’re worried about ending up with tasteless, dry chicken, adding some butter may do the trick.
Ingredients: Chicken breast, butter, salt, pepper, curry, garlic powder, and leafy greens.
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Add butter to a pan and turn up the heat.
- Add chicken pieces, as well as salt, pepper, curry, and garlic powder.
- Brown the chicken until it reaches a crunchy texture.
- Serve with some leafy greens.
7. Meatza — Meat-Based ‘Pizza’
If you miss pizza on your low-carb diet, then you’re going to love this.
You may just find it tastes even better — without the unhealthy ingredients many pizza varieties include.
This recipe is easy to modify, and you can add any low-carb ingredients you want — vegetables, mushrooms, different cheeses, and so on.
Ingredients: Onions, bacon, ground beef, salsa, spices, garlic powder, and shredded cheese.
- Finely chop your onions and cut some of the bacon into small slices.
- Mix the ground beef, salsa, onions, spices, and garlic powder at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and cover with additional bacon slices
- Place in the oven and heat at 360–395°F (180–200°C) for 30–40 minutes, until the bacon and cheese look crunchy.
The Bottom Line
Low-carb diets have been proven to offer various health benefits, including weight loss and reduced cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels.
The above recipes are quickly prepared in under 10 minutes — perfect for a busy, low-carb lifestyle.